Moffat Media

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Target Trauma!!!

I had not left the house in what seemed like forever. It took me all day to work up the courage to take the three kids to the store alone!

I decided to forgo dinner at home and feed the kids on the go at Target. As we were getting out of the van I realized that Camri was poopy. If you know my girl, you know that this is never easy. The queen of blow-outs strikes again! Once I changed and re-clothed the baby we made our way into the store.

We got all buckled into the cart and headed for food.

While standing in line, I realize that Connor is beginning to get sick. I have nothing to help me deal with this! I grab the only thing I had his coat. Some random lady stole a cup from behind the food counter and handed it to me. I took it and dashed to the parking lot as fast as I could.

I got the girls back into the van. At this point Cali has begun crying asking me why we are getting back into the car. Telling me that I need to just clean him up and take us back into the store (so compassionate). Luckily, I had a bag in the car that had some scrapbook paper in it. Flinging paper everywhere, I managed to undress the boy and place all of the "contaminated" clothing into the bag. Now what!?! I have nothing for him to hold and get sick in on the way home. I opened the trunk and found a Costco sized box of fruit snacks. I ripped it open, dumped its contents in the back and gave him the box to hold. Then they both started crying because they could not eat the fruit snacks!

I make one last trip to the garbage can and now we are on our way.

The only thing I could do as I drove away was shake my head and laugh. Not only can I not believe that this actually happened... it happened again! Last year (in Target) my Mom and I had a similar experience with Cali! I really hope that we are done doing this in public! I know that I am much more traumatized than he was! ACK!

My sweet boy is now sleeping peacefully in his towel covered bed. Now, all I can do is pray him through the night! Thankfully Daddy comes home tomorrow and I will likely be able to go to the store then!

Thank you Lord that it was not any worse!

2 comments:

Marianne Wick said...

Now that was a very funny story! Sorry you had to live through it though in order to tell it. Good job on doing the blog again, I will start checking it every now and then since we live so far away. ( : You are a fabulous mom by the way - keep smiling - believe it or not, it really does go too quickly...

Becca Moffat said...

Your compassion and patience astounds me--and you're not too bad at improvisation either. The image of you dumping out the fruit snacks to get the bag, and then Cali and Buddy crying because they couldn't have any is pretty much priceless, and I suspect you will all laugh about it later as a family (if you aren't already). Bless you, you truly do an amazing job!